Join us on Friday, April 10, 2020 at 9am Pacific / 10am Mountain, for Part Three of the Navigating the Impact of COVID-19 webinar series. Compliance Director Stacy Barrow of Marathas Barrow Weatherhead Lent LLP—one of the premier ERISA firms in the United States—will be going over the important updates from the week, diving deeper into the laws, and answering questions regarding ways in which this will affect your business, your employees, and your benefit plans.
Dozens of regulations will be written this week in addition to many Q&A’s written by regulators. We will continue our discussion around both the FFCRA and the CARES Act and the ways in which the two bills will have an impact on Employee Benefits.
Critical clarifications for employers:
- Is tax credit available for employer-paid premiums when employees are on furlough?
- When calculating pay due to employees, must overtime hours be included?
- I’m in a state where non-essential businesses have been mandated to close. Is that a trigger to receive payment?
- May I collect unemployment insurance benefits for time in which I receive pay for paid sick leave and/or expanded family and medical leave?
- Will DOL begin enforcing FFCRA immediately?
Please plan to join us each week throughout April for new highlights, regulatory actions, and legal precedence on the administration and implementation of the CARES Act and how they will impact you.