VentureInsure for VC-Backed Startup Companies
NVCA-Endorsed Program for companies that have received funding from NVCA-Member Venture Capital Firms
As a director or officer of a closely held private company, why do you really need Directors & Officers (D&O) liability insurance? Litigation naming directors and officers of private companies can stem from founders or investors in the company, from competitors, clients, current or former employees, and the government. The costs to defend such litigation can fatally cripple an emerging company’s finances and reputation.
All D&O policies are not created equal. VentureInsure can help to ensure that your assets are adequately protected in the event of litigation. TechAssure (of which Diversified is a member) has partnered with four of the nation’s leading A rated carriers to provide NVCA member portfolio companies with competitive quotes on a standardized, pre-negotiated basis, offering the most comprehensive D&O and EPL protection in the marketplace today.
Some of the unique pre-negotiated features of TechAssure’s D&O program include*:
- Highly competitive premiums due to multiple endorsed carriers competing to earn business
- Two year policy terms available
- Coverage for claims brought by founders no longer with the company, with no waiting period
- Coverage for Breach of Contract claims against the individual Ds and Os
- Coverage for IP claims against individual Ds and Os
- Coverage for claims brought by minority shareholders
- Full coverage for private placements including road show activities
- Full Severability for Innocent Insureds
- Additional Side A protection at no extra cost
- Coverage for unfair business practices and anti-trust claims
- Broadest definition of employment practices violation
* subject to underwriting and individual firm’s risk profile
VentureInsure offers a streamlined, online application process that will yield competitive quotes from all of the endorsed carriers, as well as a detailed coverage matrix and analysis exclusively available to companies backed by NVCA capital.