Navigating the Impact of COVID-19 – Part Four: COBRA, FSA/HSA, & Enrollment Rights – Recording
We know life is a little chaotic right now; we’re here to help.
If you didn’t have a chance to tune in for our webinar this morning, we’re supplying a recording for all Diversified clients.
In part four of our ongoing Navigating the Impact of COVID-19 webinar series, Compliance Director, Stacy Barrow—Partner at Marathas Barrow Weatherhead Lent LLP—walks us through how recent COVID-19 Legislation will impact COBRA, FSA/HSA, & Enrollment Rights, affecting employees and businesses alike.
The legislation focuses on providing relief for individuals and businesses that have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus outbreak.
During this webinar, Stacy addressed several points, including:
- An update on the PCORI fee;
- A review of recent guidance for employers in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, including:
- the Department of Labor’s Disaster Relief Notice,
- Benefit Plan Deadline Extensions,
- COBRA Extensions;
- An analysis of the IRS guidance that allows specific cafeteria plan election changes through the end of 2020;
- Benefits-related provisions of the HEROES Act, which recently passed the U.S. House of Representatives and is now on the way to Senate for further consideration, will also be covered.