Navigating the Impact of COVID-19 – Part Three: Beneath the Surface – Recording
If you didn’t have a chance to tune in for our webinar on Friday, detailing the recently passed Coronavirus Legislation, we’re supplying a recording for all Diversified clients.
In part three of our ongoing Navigating the Impact of COVID-19 webinar series, Compliance Director, Stacy Barrow—Partner at Marathas Barrow Weatherhead Lent LLP—goes beneath the surface of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) to dig into how these bills will affect employees and businesses alike.
Critical clarifications for employers:
- Is tax credit available for employer-paid premiums when employees are on furlough?
- When calculating pay due to employees, must overtime hours be included?
- I’m in a state where non-essential businesses have been mandated to close. Is that a trigger to receive payment?
- May I collect unemployment insurance benefits for time in which I receive pay for paid sick leave and/or expanded family and medical leave?
- Will DOL begin enforcing FFCRA immediately?